Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Recently I posted a status on my face book page asking the question, "What should my next blog post be about?" My mother, of course, replied "ME!" (selfish).  Even though I'm about 65% sure she was joking, I have decided to dedicate this entire blog post to the woman who gave me life.  The most amazing mother in the whole world, Cynthia Alice Hunt Bailey.

I was fortunate enough to have a mother who was able to stay home with four rambunctious kids while we were growing up.  For those of you who know the Bailey family, know that we have, and always will be a lot to handle.  That being said, I think the best way to describe my mom would be 'patient'.  She worked hard everyday to teach us the things mothers teach children, and sacrificed a lot so that we would have all that we needed.  Words cannot express how incredibly grateful I am for this woman.

I received a text this morning that I feel is share-worthy.  At 9:28 this morning, my mother texted me saying,

"Just letting you know that Landan wished me a happy borthday over an hour ago.... stiiilll haven't heard from you. (; "  And yes, she really said borthday.  Looks like 'one year older and wiser too' doesn't always hold true does it Red? (:

So today it is your birthday mom. Should I tell everyone how old you're turning? (just kidding, of course.... 29....) And to honor your birthday I thought I would compile a small collection of pictures that I love of my beautiful, loving, intelligent, hard-working, hilarious mother.  This woman is incredible.  Let's take a minute to congratulate the winner of the 'Mother of the Year' award for the past 21.5 years!  Happy Birthday Red.

Family Pictures Christmas 09'
Cancun Mexico 

My fabulous Mom and Dad
January 7, 2011 

Bucca Di Beppo




1 comment:

  1. ummm like seriously? how did i miss this?! love the shout out to aunt cyn!!! she totes deserves it!!! love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete